On this Friday, November 12th at Urugwiro Village, President Paul Kagame chaired a cabinet meeting which has reviewed existing measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
The following measures apply nationwide Starting November 15 through December 14, 2021:
• Movements are prohibited between midnight(12AM)-4AM. All businesses must close by 11PM
• If you are Fully vaccinated , you will no longer be required to quarantine at hotels.
• Arriving and departing passengers at Kigali International Airport must present a Negative PCR Test taken 72hours prior to departure.
• Public transport will continue with buses operating at fully capacity for seated passengers and at 50% for standing passengers.
• Restaurants and cafes may open at a reduced occupancy limit of 50%; bars shall continue to resume services gradually. Restaurants with outdoor seating service may operate at 75% of Venue capacity.
• Physical conferences and meetings will continue at 75% occupancy. All participants must present a Negative Covid-19 test Result taken within 72hours prior to the meeting.
• Meetings and other gatherings such as weddings, funerals, or concerts, are permitted under strict health guidelines; participants may be required to undergo testing or present proof of vaccination.
• Private businesses will continue at full capacity.
• Authorities continue to allow tourism activity subject to health-related protocols.
• Gyms and fitness centers are open.
• Swimming Pools, massage and sauna centers will re-open gradually. Customers need to be fully vaccinated (except persons U-18). A negative rapid test taken within 72hours is mandatory.
You can read the full statement here: Cabinet Resolution